Masala Tv recipe for
Sindhi BiryaniComments (
- Chicken ½ kg
- Rice 300 gm
- Plum 100 gm
- Whole mix spice as required
- Big green chilies 5 – 6
- Mint leaves ¼ bunch
- Coriander leaves ¼ bunch
- Potatoes 3 – 4
- Yellow color as required
- Tomatoes 4
- Lemon sliced 2
- Onion 2
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Kewra water 3 tbsp
- Ghee 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 250 gm
- Nutmeg mace powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel 3 – 4 potatoes, cut into cubes and boil with a little yellow color and water as required.
- Now remove the slightly boiled potatoes and shallow fry with a little oil. Then remove potatoes and keep aside.
- In a pan heat ½ cup ghee, add 2 chopped onion and fry till golden brown. Then add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and ½ kg chicken.
- Fry well on high flame till chicken is a little tender.
- Lower the flame, add 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp turmeric, salt to taste and whole spices as required. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add 250 gm yogurt and mix well.
- Also add fried potatoes, cover and simmer on low flame for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now add 4 tomatoes cut into halves, 100 gm plum, ¼ bunch coriander leaves, ¼ bunch mint leaves and 5 – 6 green chilies. Turn the flame off.
- Boil water in a pan, add a little salt and 300 gm rice, boil rice till tender.
- Spread boiled rice on top of chicken mixture.
- Now spread ¼ cup melted ghee on top of rice, dissolve a pinch of yellow color in kewra water, spread on top of rice.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp nutmeg mace powder on top and simmer on low flame for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Dish it out and serve hot.