Masala Tv recipe for
Tawa FishComments (
- Whole fish 1kg
- Tamarind paste 1 cup
- Garlic paste 1tbsp
- Crushed red chilies 1tbsp
- Crushed coriander seeds 1tsp
- Crushed black pepper seeds 1tsp
- Crushed cumin 1tsp
- All spice powder 1tsp
- Vinegar 1tbsp
- Tomatoes 3-4
- Heat the ghee in a large griddle
- Cut the fish into halve, running the knife lengthwise
- Sprinkle salt on top and coat with1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Fry the fish from both the sides and keep the fish aside.
- In the same oil add 1 cup tamarind paste,3-4 chopped tomatoes,3-4 green chilies,1 chopped onion,1tbsp crushed red chilies,1tsp crushed whole coriander,1tsp all spice powder,3-4 green chilies, salt and 1cupw water.
- Cook until the tomatoes are tender. Now place the fish on the griddle and cook with the tomato and spice mixture.
- When the water dries and the gravy thickens, turn the flame off
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with fried rice, roti or naan