Chocolate Ganache Tart
5 years ago
- 240 gram sablee
- 22 grams light corn syrup or glucose
- 68 grams butter
- 172 gramssemisweet chocolate
- 188 ml heavy cream
- Chocolate curls for finishing
- For crème Chantilly
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 35 grams confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Roll out the dough into a circle approx. 10 in wide by 1/8 in thick.
- Line a tart pan with the dough and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Blind bake a tart shell at 350 F until lightly browned.
- If desired brush the blind baked shell with melted chocolate or cocoa butter before filling to prevent the crust from being soggy.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add glucose and butter to the chopped chocolate.
- Boil the cream and pour it over chocolate mixture.
- Gently stir the mixture until it is fully combined, smooth and without air bubbles.
- Keep the chocolate mixture off cold surfaces when combining it with the cream.
- Pour the ganache into cooled tart shell; allow the ganache to set up at room temperature.