Fruit Cake Recipe
- Butter 6 oz
- Sugar 6 oz
- Flour 6 oz
- Baking powder 1 tsp heaped
- Cake spice 1 tsp
- Nutmeg (ground) ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder ¼ tsp
- Eggs 3
- Golden Syrup 3 tbsp
- Raisins 2 oz
- Currants 2 oz
- Mix peel 2 oz
- Glazed cherries finally chopped red and green half cup
- Almonds coarsely chopped 2 tbsp
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, cake spice, nutmeg grinded, cinnamon powder keep aside.
- In your beaten mixture of butter and sugar start adding in 1 egg at a time.
- Alternating with 1 tbsp sieve flour mixture until all 3 eggs have been added add in golden syrup in your left over flour
- Mix in dry fruits and fold in the mixture grease 8x8 inches square pan pour mixture into the cake tin
- Bake on 170 Degrees C for 50 mins. Remove and serve.