Haleem Recipe | Quick Recipes
Here is the step by step recipe of beef Haleem. It is delectable, desi and delicious!
- Boiled and shredded beef 1/2kg
- Whole wheat 1 cup
- Boiled mix pulses 1 cup
- Barley 1 cup
- Oil ½ cup
- Fried onion ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Haleem masala 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Crushed coriander 1 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Clarified butter ½ cup
- Beef stock 2 cups
- Water as required
- Green coriander for garnishing
- Garlic sliceds for garnishing
- Garlic Slices for garnishing
- Green chilies slices for garnishing
- Lemon sliced for garnish
- Fried onion for garnish
- Chaat masala as required
- Soak wheat, barley overnight in water.
- Soak mix pulse overnight as well.
- Next morning cook wheat and barley with 10 cups of water on low flame till tender.
- Boil gram lentil in 6 cups of water on low flame till tender, cool and blend all three together.
- Heat 1 cup oil, add sliced onion fry till its light golden.
- Then add ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp, chili powder, haleem masala, coriander powder, salt, turmeric, cumin, mix spices and cook with the lid on top.
- Add 4 to 6 cups of water cover and cook till tender, then mash beef very well with hand blender.
- Now mix mashed beef with blended wheat and gram mixture
- Let it cook in a pan and mash it very well while adding water as per consistency.
- Add all spice powder and chat masala.
- Keep mashing it rigorously and cook for at least half an hour.
- Lastly heat and add 1 sliced onion.
- Fry it till light golden.
- Add this on top of haleem in a serving bowl
- Garnish with chopped greens, ginger slices and lemon.