Stuffed Buns Recipe | Quick Recipe | Masala TV
These portable veggie ‘Stuffed Buns’ make snacking delightful! Filled with nutritional vegetables, these buns are wonderful to take along on picnics or even for lunch!
- Flour 1-1/2 cups
- Milk ¼ cup
- Lukewarmwater ¼ cup
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- sugar 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- oil as required
- Black sesame seeds 1tsp
- Sesame seeds 1tsp
- Cabbage chopped 1 cup
- Boiled & Mashed Potatoes 1
- Carrot chopped 1
- Green beans chopped few
- Chopped Onion 1
- Carom seeds 1tsp
- All spice powder ¼ tsp
- Cheese ¼ cup
- red chili powder ¼ tsp
- chili sauce 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder Pinch
- Coriander leaves as required
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
• Pour warm milk into a bowl, then add sugar and yeast and mix well.
• Keep aside for 5 minutes, it will froth and rise. If it does not froth, discard and start again.
• In a bowl, add flour, water, olive oil, salt and the yeast mixture.
• Mix and make a smooth dough, keep in a warm place covered with a cling wrap for an hour.
• For stuffing, heat oil, add cumin seeds, allow it to crackle.
• Then, add onions and fry till transparent. Now, add chopped vegetables and cook.
• Add salt, red chilli powder, carom seeds, turmeric, all spice powder and chili sauce.
• Remove from fire and add coriander leaves, cheese and lemon juice. Allow to cool completely.
• Once the dough has risen to almost double its size after an hour or more, punch it down and knead.
• Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with oil.
• Take dough and make a dent in middle and fill with vegetable stuffing.
• Bring the edges together, pinching with fingers and then smoothen the balls to give an even look. A
• arrange them on a baking tray, brush with olive oil.
• Sprinkle sesame seeds on each bun and rest for a while more.
• Generously brush with milk. Bake at 190 degrees c for 17-20 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.