Masala Tv recipe for
Chicken Tikka KarahiComments (
- 1/2 Kg Chicken (cut in small pieces)
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp Roasted and crushed cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Packet Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 250gm Tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste.
- 1tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Crushed red pepper.
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp Crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt.
- 1 inch piece Ginger (cut into juliennes)
- 3-4 Green chilies (cut into length wise)
- as required Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dry fenugreek leaves
- 8 tbsp Oil
- Wash chicken with vinegar and salt water. Drain and keep aside.
- Now marinate 1/2 kg chicken pieces with ½ tbsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp roasted crushed cumin, 1 tsp crushed coriander, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 packet of cream and 3 tbsp lemon juice for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Now pan fry, grill in oven or Bar B.Q. as per your choice.
Put wok on stove let it heat up,
- Add 250 gm tomatoes with 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Now add 1/2 cup water. Mix well and cover with a lid, turn the flame high. Cook till tomatoes are well tender, then remove the skins of tomatoes. Using spoon, try to chop tomatoes until it become like paste.
- Now add in 1 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp red crushed red pepper, 1 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds, 1 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds, salt to taste and 1 tsp turmeric powder into wok, mix well.
- Add in chicken Tikka into wok, mix well.
- Add ginger julienne, 3 to 4 green chilies cut into length wise. Sprinkle coriander leaves. Also add half of the oil and cover the lid. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add rest of the oil with 1/2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves, mix well.
- Dish out and garnish with green coriander and ginger julienne slices