5 exercises you can easily do at home
The 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic is an ongoing pandemic of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Coronavirus has hit Pakistan and the reported cases are rising by the day. While most cases are of those who have traveled to Coronavirus affected areas but now the situation in Pakistan is getting worse. Pakistan is dealing with this situation by taking precautions so that no more cases increase. This is why all public places like malls, restaurants or even gyms, workout places and parks have been closed.
Schools, universities and all educational institutes have been close down until the situation is under control; which is a lot of educational institutes are now conducting online classes. Many offices across the country have asked their employees to work from home as well so that their exposure and chances of being affected by this virus are minimum.
However, all the fitness freaks of our country are freaking out with their gyms being shut down. Likewise are other people who are bored at home with no physical activity at all. An activity everyone can easily do at home are a few exercises that will help you maintain your shape and also give you some activity to do in your pass time.
Here are 5 exercises you can easily do at home:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and your arms extended by your sides.
- Pushing through your feet and bracing your core, raise your bottom off the ground until your hips is fully extended, squeezing your glutes at the top.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Get into a high plank position from your knees.
- Maintaining a straight line from your head to your knees, bend your elbows to lower yourself down to the ground. Keep your elbows at a 45-degree angle.
- Push back up to start.
Side-lying hip abduction
- Lie on your left side, with your left leg straight, right leg straight, and right foot resting on the ground.
- Lift your right leg up, maintaining the position of your body. Make sure your hips don’t open up.
- Return to the start position. Repeat for the desired number of reps, then do the other side.
- Lie on your back and bring your legs to a tabletop position. Bend your elbows, and put your hands behind your head.
- Crunch up and bring your right elbow to your left knee, straightening your right leg.
- Release the crunch slightly. Bend your right leg and straighten your left leg, then bring your left elbow to your right knee.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Split your stance with your right leg in front. Your right foot should be flat on the ground, and your left foot should be up on its toes.
- Bend your knees and lunge, stopping when your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Push up through your right foot to return to the starting position. Repeat for desired number of reps, then switch legs.