8 Life Changing Benefits of Detox Water
Approximately 10 years ago, the concept of detox water got widely popular in Pakistan and it remains in fashion till date.
Undoubtedly, staying hydrated is extremely important. At least 2 liters of water should be consumed on daily basis.
However, the common belief is that adding extra ingredients to it will not just enhance the taste of water but also provide several health benefits.
Detox water is water infused with fruits, vegetables and herbs. It is said that detox water helps your body get rid of the toxins, improves your energy and aid in losing weight.
Various combinations of detox water could be consumed to stay hydrated and fit.
The simplest way to prepare detox water is by slicing or chopping up the ingredients that you want to add to the water. You can add these ingredients in either hot water or cold water because it works both ways.
Let the water sit for 1-12 hours for the flavours and nutrients of those ingredients to full infuse in the water. Make sure to remove the additional ingredients in no more than 12 hours, before they start to decompose.
Benefits of detox water:
- It is said to be great for liver cleanse.
- It removes toxins from your body which helps in the better functioning of all organs.
- Staying hydrated naturally gives you clearer skin but with the addition of these healthy ingredients it works wonders for the skin.
- Detox water aids in weight loss by cleansing the digestive system which helps in improved weight loss.
- When ingredients like lemon, ginger, any citrus fruit or mint leaves are infused in the water, it helps in the digestion of food better.
- Many a times people do not like to have plain water but added flavour in water make them want to have more water which promote hydration in the body.
- Researchers have shown that detox water also decreases risk of kidney stones.
- Detox water improves energy levels making you more active to carry out your daily activities better. It also helps in carrying out your workout better.
Popular detox water combinations:
- Cucumber and mint.
- Lemon, ginger and mint.
- Grapefruit, ginger and orange.
- Watermelon and mint.
- Grapefruit, mint and rosemary.
- Orange and lemon.
- Strawberry, lime and basil.
- Apple, ginger and cinnamon.