Steamed Cake Recipe
- Butter 4 oz
- Jam 3 tbsp
- Caster Sugar 4 oz
- Eggs 2
- Flour 6 oz
- Baking Powder 1 tbsp
- Milk 1 tbsp
- Grease a pudding basin with butter and spoon the jam into the bottom.
- Beat butter, add sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder, beat till smooth.
- Add enough milk to give a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the batter into the pudding basin or tin and smooth the surface.
- Cover with greased greaseproof paper and foil, pleated in the middle.
- Secure with a string.
- Put the pudding basin or tin in a steamer or a pan of simmering water, making sure water comes halfway up the edge.
- Cover and steam till done.
- Top up with more water if it dries off.
- Turn out and serve immediately.