Baklava Recipe | Quick Recipes
Have you tried baklava? It is a rich, crispy and scrumptious tasting dessert made of phyllo sheets filled with nuts and sweet syrup.
Ingredients For Phyllo Dough:
- Flour 500 gm
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water as required
- Corn starch as required
- Corn flour as required
- All purpose flour as required
- Butter for brushing
Ingredients for Filling:
- Chopped pistachio ¼ cup
- Chopped almonds ¼ cup
- Brown sugar ¼ cup
- Peanuts ¼ cup
- Chopped raisins ¼ cup
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar 2 cups
- Water 1 cup
- Cinnamon 1 piece
- Rose water 2 – 3 drops
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Butter ¼ cup
- Oil ¼ cup
- Phyllo dough as required
- Nuts filling as required
- Sugar syrup as required
- For dough mix flour and all ingredients in bowl knead well.
- Leave it aside for 15 minutes for proofing.
- Make small balls and again leave for 15 minutes.
- Apply corn starch on balls and finely roll them out.
- For sugar syrup add sugar, water and all ingredients in pan. Cook till it becomes thick and syrup is formed.
- For filling mix all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- For baklava mix oil and butter. Brush it on baking dish and after every single sheet.
- Fill it with a filling of nuts on phylo dough sheet.
- Again place phylo dough sheet.
- Apply butter or oil on top as well.
- Pre-heat the oven and Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour sryup on top of it once it’s baked.