Chicken Biryani Recipe | Zarnak Sidhwa
Check out the Chicken Biryani Recipe in Urdu. Learn how to make best Chicken Biryani Recipe, cooking at its finest by chef Zarnak Sidhwa at Masala TV show . Check all the Pakistan Cooking recipes in Urdu of Masala TV. Also Check Chicken Biryani Recipe, ingredients and complete Method.
- For the Rice:
- Rice 2 cups
- Sliced onions 2
- Crushed ginger 1 tsp
- Crushed garlic 1 tsp
- Cardamom 4 pods
- Cloves 4
- Bay leaf 4
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Star anise 3
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Cubed carrots 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts 10
- Raisins 10
- For the Chicken Gravy:
- Chicken pieces 1 kg
- Sliced onions 3
- Minced ginger 1 tsp
- Minced garlic 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Powdered fennel seeds 1-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes 2
- Coriander leaves a few
- Mint leaves a few
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies 5-6
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Heat the oil add the sliced onions along with the whole spices (cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, star anise).
- Fry the onions stirring frequently. Grind or crush the garlic and ginger together.
- Add this to the frying onions and fry until the onions turn a dark golden brown.
- Drain and set aside. (If using carrots, add along with the ginger, etc and cook together).
- In the same pan, fry the cashew nuts and raisins until golden.
- Drain and set aside with the fried onions.
- Once the rice is done, mix it with our onion mixture
- Add the fried raisins and cashew nuts on top and set aside.
- For the chicken gravy, grind or crush ginger, garlic, green chillies.
- Heat the ghee or oil and add onions.
- Fry until golden brown and add the ginger-garlic-chillies paste.
- Fry for another minute and then add the spice powders coriander powder
- Add fennel powder, pepper, turmeric. Sauté for a minute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt, sugar, 1 cup water and mix well.
- Bring to boil and cook closed until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Garnish with garam masala, coriander leaves, mint leaves and more pepper powder.
- Mix well and set aside. Take a large serving dish and add a layer of rice.
- Top off with some chicken and gravy. Add more rice.
- Serve chicken biryani with tomato cucumber raita and papad.
Chicken Biryani Recipe in Urdu and English
At Masala TV you can check complete Chicken Biryani Recipe in Urdu and English. This is one of the best recipes by chef Zarnak Sidhwa at Masala TV show . Check out the other best recipes of chefs Zarnak Sidhwa.