Roat Recipe | Quick Recipe
Roat is kind of a desi cookie which is made with fennel seeds, white flour, semolina and cardamom. This mix of flavours is what gives it a unique taste, so try it!
- Butter 125 gm
- Desi ghee 125 gm
- Caster sugar 300 gm
- Egg 1
- Semolina 250 gm
- White flour 250 gm
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 2 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Egg for brush
• Put butter, desi ghee, an egg, cardamom powder and caster sugar in a mixer and mix it well.
• Add semolina and white flour in the mixer and mix all the ingredients till it comes in a dough form.
• Take out the dough from the mixer and place it in the fridge for 5 minutes.
• Take out the dough from the fridge and roll it out.
• Using a cookie cutter cut out roats.
• Place these in a baking pan.
• Coat the roats with an egg using an oil brush.
• Sprinkle sugar and cumin seeds on top and place them in the oven to bake.