Gujrati Daal Recipe | Zarnak Sidhwa
Check out the Gujrati Daal Recipe in Urdu. Learn how to make best Gujrati Daal Recipe, cooking at its finest by chef Zarnak Sidhwa at Masala TV show . Check all the Pakistan Cooking recipes in Urdu of Masala TV. Also Check Gujrati Daal Recipe, ingredients and complete Method.
- Tooer daal 1/2 cup
- Raw Peanuts ¼ cup
- Chopped tomato 1
- Jaggery 2 tbsp
- Green chillies (slit) 2
- Finely minced ginger 1-inch piece
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Oil/Ghee 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cloves 2
- Star anise 1
- Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chillies 2–4
- Cinnamon stick 1-inch piece
- Bay leaf 1
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Add one cup water in the tooer daal and cook till done then blend or mash it with a masher.
- To the mashed daal, add 3 cups of water, raw peanuts, turmeric powder, red chili powder, minced ginger, green chilies, chopped tomatoes, jaggery and salt to taste and simmer for 12-15 minutes on low flame.
- Keep stirring in between. Heat oil or ghee in a small pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies, bay leaf, star anise, cloves, cinnamon and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering into the simmering daal and mix.
- Add lemon juice and mix. Taste the daal.
- It should have spicy tangy and sweet flavors.
- Adjust red chili powder, lemon juice and jaggery accordingly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti or rice.
Gujrati Daal Recipe in Urdu and English
At Masala TV you can check complete Gujrati Daal Recipe in Urdu and English. This is one of the best recipes by chef Zarnak Sidhwa at Masala TV show . Check out the other best recipes of chefs Zarnak Sidhwa.